Click here to go back to the Easements page.
Southeast Groundwater Edge Signup
The web training walks you through program information as well as instructions on how to use the forms needed to complete your applications.
- Web Training was on Tuesday, January 15th, 2013.
- Launch Recorded Training (Requires Java)
- View Participants Guide
- If you have problems connecting, contact Blackboard support or BWSR Training Coordinator Jenny Gieseke at (507) 381-3131.
This guidance documentation outlines the enrollment criteria and conditions that will govern the sign‐up for this RIM Reserve conservation easement program. This guidance should be considered additive to existing RIM policy and procedure.
Landowner Application Materials
BWSR has received funding through the Clean Water Fund (from the Clean Water, Land and Legacy Amendment) for RIM Reserve easements in areas where the vulnerability of the drinking water supply management area is designated as high or very high by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). Participating landowners receive a payment to permanently retire land in agricultural production, and to establish buffers of native vegetation.
Maps and GIS data
- Current maps and shapefiles provided by the Department of Health (MDH)
- Drinking Water Management Supply Area (DWSMA) Vulnerability: PDF Shapefile
- BWSR maps showing highly-vulnerable DWSMAs (click an area on the map to zoom):
- Brochure promoting Continuous CRP for wellhead protection (produced by USDA Farm Service Agency and the Minnesota Department of Health)
- Letter to landowners promoting Continuous CRP for wellhead protection (produced by USDA Farm Service Agency. NOTE: SWCD or USDA staff should fill in the blanks to modify this letter with estimated payment rates in a particular area)
- Letter to landowners who are eligible for enrolling in Continuous CRP and RIM Reserve for wellhead protection
- RIM Reserve wellhead protection program guidance document for SWCDs (February 2011)