General BWSR info
BWSR Strategic Plan
Mission statement: "Improve and protect Minnesota's Water and Soil Resources by working in partnership with local organizations and private landowners"
BWSR Snapshots newsletter
- 2008 Public Drainage Ditch Buffer Strip Reporting
- 2007 Public Drainage Ditch Buffer Strip Reporting
- Public Drainage Ditch Buffer Study
- The BWSR native vegetation / seed mixes page contains fact sheets and publications on establishing native vegetation in restored wetlands and grasslands.
- The following BWSR-produced publications have been updated or replaced, and are no longer available on the BWSR website: "Restoring & Managing Native Wetland & Upland Vegetation" by Rober L. Jacobson (January 2006) and "Native Vegetation in Restored and Created Wetlands" by Daniel B. Shaw (September 2000). Please contact the BWSR webmaster if would like a copy of either of these publications.
U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and BWSR Report: Water-Quality and Biological Characteristics and Responses to Agricultural Land Retirement in Three Streams of the Minnesota River Basin, Water Years 2006–08
This project received funding from the Minnesota Environmental Trust Fund, as recommended by the Legislative-Citizen Commission on Minnesota Resources (LCCMR). See the following documents related to this project (posted Sept. 24, 2008):
- Final Report (link to USGS website)
- Overview handout
- Summary of results
- Paper that was presented at the American Water Resources Association annual conference in 2008
BWSR-Assisted Research Toward Conservation Outcomes -- summary of projects where BWSR collaborates with research institutions that are seeking to improve the environmental outcomes of conservation practices, especially those that protect and improve water quality.