BWSR grants provide funding to local units of government to deliver soil and water conservation services to their communities. Grant funds support and increase local capacity to implement programs and, provide cost-share with landowners who install conservation practices on their land to benefit state water and soil resources.
Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
FY 2016 RFPs
The Board of Water and Soil Resources is accepting competitive grant applications using funds appropriated from the Clean Water Land and Legacy Amendment during the most recent legislative session. The Board authorized the grant program at their meeting on June 24, 2015. This grant application period will run from July 6 through August 28, with funds awarded at the Board’s December meeting.
Grant applications for this RFP will need to be submitted through the application tool in the eLINK program.
Three funding categories from previous years will be requesting grant applications: Projects and Practices, Accelerated Implementation, and Community Partners. BWSR also incorporated the Minnesota Department of Agriculture’s BMP Loan program into the Clean Water Competitive Grants Program. Visit the Clean Water Fund page for more information about the programs.
- FY 2016 Clean Water Fund Competitive Grants Policy
- FY 2016 Clean Water Fund Competitive Grants Request for Proposal (RFP)
- FY 2016 Clean Water Fund Accelerated Implementation Application Questions
- FY 2016 Clean Water Fund Community Partners Application Questions
- FY 2016 Clean Water Fund Projects and Practices Application Questions
- FY 2016 Clean Water Fund Competitive Grants FAQ (08/03/15)
Registration information for an eLINK CWF RFP webinar is posted on the BWSR Training page.
BWSR Grant Programs
Clean Water Legacy (One-time funding for this program was approved in 2007, 2008 and 2009)