Buffer Establishment & Management Toolbox
The buffer toolbox below has been designed for local government staff to guide the implementation of riparian butters from initial watershed planning through buffer management.
State Buffer Law
Detailed information about the Minnesota Buffer Law passed in 2015 can be found at the link below. This website will help answer questions to the new law.
Other Buffer Implementation Resources
- Minnesota Wetland Restoration Guide
- NRCS Practice Standards
- Plants for Stormwater Design
- Restore Your Shore
- Going Native, A Prairie Restoration Guide for Minnesota Landonwers
- A Soil Bioengineering Guide for Streambank and Shoreline Stabalization
- Managing the Water’s Edge, Making Natural Connections
- MDA Minnesota Noxious Weeds
- MnDOT Noxious Weed Identification
- Minnesota DNR Invasive Terrestrial Plants