We define training as systematic acquisition of skills, rules, knowledge, or attitudes that results in improved performance. BWSR recognizes the value in connecting learning to performance and the need to ensure trainings are implemented with high-quality efficiencies connected to on-the-ground results.
Technical Training & Certification Program
The Technical Training and Certification Program is a collaborative effort between BWSR, MACDE, MASWCD and NRCS designed to develop and maintain a highly trained, technically skilled workforce of natural resource professionals capable of meeting the conservation delivery needs of Minnesota. The Technical Training webpage contains information on the Technical Training and Certification Strategy, program information, implementation details, and programmatic updates. To visit the Technical Training & Certification Program page click here.
To learn more about the BWSR Academy or access archived Academy materials, please visit the BWSR Academy page.
eLINK Related Training
Please visit our eLINK page for training and guidance materials.
Webinar Recordings and Training Modules
Hydrologic Soils Group (HSG) Knowledge Matrix Training Module:
A 34 minute training module explaining how to enter information into the HSG matrix to generate a hydrologic soil group classification for use in storm water feature design as well as the MIDS calculator.
Milk House Wastewater Improvement Estimator Webinar Recording and Training Module
Ag Wetland Banking & Exemption Webinar Recording and Webinar PowerPoint Presentation
Monitoring WRP Easements 2013
Webinar PowerPoint Presentations
- Easement Monitoring Process Overview
- Inspect? Document? Monitor? Why?
- Invasive Plant Management
- Monitoring WRP Easements 2013
- WRP Compatible Use Permits
Soil Health and Sustainability for Minnesota Webinars
- Webinar 1: Intro to Soil Health
- Webinar 2: Nutrients, Soil Biology and Diversity in Agroecosystems
- Webinar 3: Disturbance, Grazing and Economics
Wetland Banking Easement Program
Training Assessment and Outcomes
- 2010 BWSR Training Strategy (4-page summary of strategy and plan for supporting and building conservation local government organizational effectiveness)
- BWSR Training Needs Assessment Report, Spring 2010 (38-page report that examines conservation-based local government unit training needs and priorities, BWSR’s training niche, BWSR professional development needs, and to propose recommendations for implementation of training. The report is based on training assessment data gathered between January and March 2010.)
Learn on your Own
|Find out “What’s Working” for conservation professionals from around Minnesota. The “What’s Working” section of our website has been compiled through contributions from professionals, research efforts, field trials, and reporting through BWSR grant programs. The information summarizes results from conservation projects with a focus on plant community establishment and management.|
RIM CWF Wellhead and RIM CWF/LSOHC Buffer Programs
The web training walks you through program information as well as instructions on how to use the tools and forms needed to complete your application. You may download an archived version of the training below.
Ecological Ranking Tool
Includes links to download the data sets and web map application, detailed description of each data layer, the informative webinar and Power Point, the hands-on technical training materials, and information about other targeting tools.