Skip to content
Wetland Functional Assessment / MnRAM
- MnRAM 3.4 (beta) (posted 11/18/10 Microsoft Access File) This upgrade offers separate vegetative community species tracking, a new descriptive report pre-formatted for printing, and increased flexibility in management classification.
- NEW If you get an error message about a missing com.dlg file and you are running Windows XP, copy this file to C:\Windows\System32.
- Professional user support is no longer available. Reading the Comprehensive Guidance and the Management Classification System document are recommended.
- Although BWSR is not offering field training, the Visual Quick Start and Visual User Manual are online training resources available to help new or returning users:
- Visual Quick Start 3.4 (PowerPoint). This file contains new information about the 3.4 upgrade that may be helpful even to people who have used earlier versions of MnRAM. This animated, illustrated PowerPoint slideshow reviews downloading files, setting up the program, using drop-down windows, entering data, and using Management Classification to manage MnRAM results. Although this file includes a summary of questions, detailed explanation of the purpose and approach to each question is contained in the other file, Visual User Manual.
- Visual User Manual (Powerpoint) This PowerPoint slideshow considers each question with pictures and diagrams. It shows examples with visual demonstrations of what to consider on site and what information each question is meant to evaluate. The information in this file has not changed significantly from earlier versions, because questions in MnRAM 3.4 have not been altered.
- Visual Guidance to Reports (Powerpoint)
- Comprehensive Guidance (v 3.4 PDF - Updated 11/10/2010)
- MnRAM Full Text (v 3.4 PDF) This is a print-friendly version that may be useful in the field when a laptop is not available or for reference to the guidance for each question.
- Management Classification Explained (PowerPoint) This file shows how to use MnRAM data to sort wetlands into categories of higher or lower protection. Management Classification Draft Guide (PDF) This is the original guidance document that describes Management Classification. The flowcharts, Management Classification A (PDF) and Management Classification B (PDF), accompany the main document.
Earlier Versions and Extras
- Score Sheet (Excel)
(June 11, 2008) The first two worksheets of this file are formatted for printing for use in recording data in the field. Although it can be used to enter data and preview results (formula calculations have not changed), BWSR recommends use of the database version.
- Training Material (PowerPoint). Visual User Manual for MnRAM 3.1. This animated, illustrated PowerPoint slideshow may take time to load. It reviews downloading files, setting up the program, and running through the questions in the field.
- GIS Access: These files are not required
for basic use of MnRAM database.
- MnRAM 3.3.3 (beta) (posted 2/23/10 - Microsoft Access File) Includes the following:
1. Fix for Stormwater/Urban Sensitivity in the Wetland Management Classification output (both Basic and Increased)
2. Import Access Option now works for any version of MnRAM. Tested on the 2006 as well as the current version.
Pre-approved Wetland Evaluation Methods
- Minnesota Routine Assessment Methodology for Evaluating Wetland Functions. Board of Water and Soil Resources, Version 3.1,
- The Hydrogeomorphic Functional Assessment Methodology. United States Army Corps of Engineers based on Wetland Research Program Technical Report WRP-DE3, August 1993.
Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources
520 Lafayette Road North, St. Paul, MN 55155 | (651) 296-3767 | Fax (651) 297-5615 | TTY (800) 627-3529
An Equal Opportunity Employer